Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some Background

September 2009 - Carson and I first met at our ward party last year. This is true - even if he doesn't remember it (which he swears he doesn't). He was with his girlfriend who I also met and who I thought was super nice and pretty. I honestly didn't think much of Carson because he was dating someone, and I am not the kind of person to mess with that. Since Carson doesn't even remember seeing me at that party, I must not have made a great first impression either.


Fall 2009 to Spring 2010 - Carson and I saw each other occasionally because my roommate Jess was dating his brother Ryan. I went to some of his football games, ate dinner at his parent's house, and typed papers in his apartment - all as Jess' friend supporting Ryan. Carson remembers this, but since he always had his girlfriend around we never really spoke more than a few words to each other.


April 2010 - Carson and his girlfriend broke up - for real this time (there were some false alarms earlier). As soon as this happened Jess and Ryan tried to set us up.  They got married around this time so they thought it would be fun if Ryan's brother and Jess' best friend started dating.


May 15, 2010 - Carson and I went on our first date - paintballing up Hobble Creek Canyon. We played a few rounds, he gave me a huge bruise on my leg, and then he and Ryan cooked us dinner up at their house. I had a really fun time and decided I wanted to see this guy some more since I didn't really know him that well. Little did I know that Carson had told his co-workers even before our date that if I ever became his girlfriend we would get married. Confidence? Or wishful thinking??


May 16, 2010 - I turned 21 and Carson helped to celebrate. He came to my birthday dinner that Jess made, helped make desserts for the party that night, and spent the evening celebrating at my apartment. I was surprised that he would want to spend so much time with me so soon...but I wasn't complaining.


Late May 2010 - Carson and I continued dating. I won't bore you with all of the details but there were movies, dinners, throwing the football around at the park, horseback riding, cooking, baking, and a lot of talking. We even went to California for Jess and Ryan's wedding reception. Basically, we were together and just enjoying it.


May - October 2010 - The dating continued. I wasn't in school until fall but Carson was working a ton over the summer so we didn't see a lot of each other. I would take him lunches a lot and we planned things to do during the few hours at night when he was free. Weekends were nice because we had time to hang out and we always went up to his parents house for Sunday dinners. Once school started things got better as far as the time we could spend together. We met up for lunch on campus when our schedules allowed and studied together after school. Carson brought up marriage on the way home from his parents house one Sunday and at first I was surprised, but we both knew it was the right thing to do.


October 9, 2010 - Carson proposed! And of course I said yes. From there the wedding planning was in full swing. We didn't want to be engaged for a long time so December seemed the best option, it was just so soon! We decided on a date and a place and just started planning.  We got to go down to Vegas a few times to take pictures (probably Carson's least favorite thing to do) and get plans finalized. Our parents were a huge help - we couldn't have done it without them.


December 18, 2010 - We were married in the Las Vegas Temple for time and all eternity and we couldn't be happier. Now we are adjusting to real life after the honeymoon, moving into our new apartment, and adjusting to going to school again.

2 comments:

  1. It's 2 am EST and I just finished reading your entire blog. You are adorable. I promise I'm not stalking you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again! And i love your blog. And we need to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete