Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's Officially Official

I am a BYU graduate! 
(and obviously still behind on my blog)


My transcript even says so (after a frightening post-graduation meeting with my counselor, but don't get me started).


Here is a video in case you missed it, or want to relive it again and again (I'm wearing the pink lei).


I love my family for all of the support they have given me, and graduation was no exception. It meant so much to me to have so many people sit through the ceremonies just to cheer when my name was called. 

My family/fan club

I am also extremely blessed to have support from my new family. Because of his position in the university, my father-in-law was able to greet me on the stand as I received my diploma.

My in-laws and sister-in-law Jess, who graduated in my college. 

My family

My mom has been a huge support through all of my schooling. I can't tell you how many papers she read for me, how many projects she helped me with, and how many nights she stayed up while I was working on homework. 

My dad has also been a huge support of course, the picture with him just turned out really bad. While my mom helped with the reading/writing part of my education, my dad dealt with the math/science areas. I don't know which was harder, but I do know that math usually came with more tears. 

Sisters

Even though I ended my BYU education just as we began our married life together, Carson has been a huge support to me and I know he is behind all of my future education goals. Even when they change weekly.

Grandparents...

And more grandparents

I am grateful that my uncle and his family could drive up to Utah for my graduation. They have always been full of advice and encouragement as I worked through school.

This girl has been with me for my entire college experience. It started with a knock on my dorm room door almost four years ago and through the years we went from being cousins, to best friends, to roommates, and now sisters-in-law. I couldn't have done it without her support and distractions (one semester my dad told her to make sure I didn't get straight A's). I am so proud of her graduation from dental hygiene school and I can't wait to see what adventures the future brings us. I love this girl.

 I am also very blessed to have this Jess as a sister-in-law. We have so much in common and I am excited for us to grow closer.

I am a lucky girl to have my best friends turned into family.

It feels great to be a college graduate, but I am kind of sad at the same time. School has been part of me since I was five. I know I will have to move on and work in the real world like everyone else eventually, but for now I plan to continue with school and further my education. The only question is where. Stay tuned!










No comments:

Post a Comment