Sunday, April 3, 2011

Around Here, We Like Food

But let's be honest, who doesn't like food?

One of our favorite foods to make is homemade pizza (or calzones). I make the dough and Carson pretends he is in one of the New Jersey pizzerias he frequented on his mission as he shapes it into a pizza.



This takes a lot of practice but he is getting good at it. Then, we top our masterpiece with sauce, lots of cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, and lots Italian sausage. Delicious.

A few weeks ago I went to a Relief Society activity with my mother-in-law and we learned to make artisan bread. I made mine with Italian seasoning and it seriously tasted like something straight out of Carrabbas (one of my favorite restaurants). 


I can't wait to try this again.  Hopefully with one of these to help me out (wishful thinking).

As a wedding present I got a cupcake recipe book that I can't wait to experiment with. A lot of the recipes look difficult, but I decided to start out easy and make this for my brother's birthday. 

The cupcakes were homemade vanilla buttermilk with chocolate frosting and a basic vanilla frosting for the letters. I thought they were delicious and my brother said they were a hit around his apartment.


Success!

3 comments:

  1. Now that I have the first comment on 3 posts in a row... The cupcakes are gouuuugious daling just gauuuuuugious and I'm sure that they tasted delicious too. We made homemade pizza not too long ago, but it didn't taste too good. It was similar to cheap frozen pizza. You'll have to teach me how to make GREAT pizza some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you guys are cute! I want calzones...and artisan bread. Yum. And cupcakes. One of everything, please.
    Congrats on your upcoming gradumication!!

    ReplyDelete