Friday, January 6, 2012

Carson Carson Carson

Yes, this blog is about us - me and Carson. But, since I am the main (more accurately sole) author, it tends to be about us and me. What about Carson? Well, here is what he has been up to. 

Last semester Carson took a material removal class. That means he learned how to take big hunks of metal and form them into desired shapes using a bunch of different machines. Or so I understand. 

First he made this hammer (slash gavel?). He actually had to design it in CAD and then create it, which is pretty cool. I was told not to hammer anything with it though, since its made from aluminum and will be dented by pretty much anything you hit it against. So cool...but not super practical. Still, he got an A!

Next he worked with a group to make this vice. I don't really understand all of the work that went into it, but it looks complicated to me. And pretty cool too.

So don't worry, Carson is doing well and he is really enjoying and thriving in his engineering classes. I am glad he has found something he loves and is good at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment