Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Semester

Unfortunately, the end of the holidays means the beginning of school.

What subjects are we diving into this semester?

Carson:
computer-aided manufacturing
materials science
calculus
and an internship

Sam:
microbiology
microbiology lab

The big news of this semester is Carson's internship. He is working for Fast Fill Systems - "a company that specializes in the manufacture of diesel refueling nozzles for mining equipment used worldwide."

(Those are the first words Carson himself has actually typed onto this blog. This is an epic moment folks.)

Anyway, Carson was brought in to establish an in-house foundry and to improve their powder coating processes. (Yeah...I am a science person so a lot of this goes over my head. But if you understand it then there you go.)

Unfortunately, this internship means he has to quit his job at BYU, but he is really enjoying his work at Fast Fill and hopes to be there for a while. 

As for me, I am still working at the Courtyard at Jamestown. I was recently told I did not deserve to call myself a Latter-Day Saint (by a resident who doesn't know any better and will not be judged for his words) just because I tried to push his wheelchair into breakfast. So yeah...its still pretty entertaining. 

This semester looks to be as busy as ever, but we are blessed with a lot of time together and with family and we wouldn't want things to be any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment