Friday, January 6, 2012

Giving Thanks

This year Carson and I went down to Las Vegas to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. One of our family's traditions is going shooting out in the desert Thanksgiving morning (kind of weird and white-trashish...I know). We get to aim at old TVs, refrigerators, paint cans, glass bottles, and a variety of other things. This year the trash-hunting crew consisted of my dad, sister, brother, two uncles, one cousin, Carson, and me. As odd as this tradition is, it is something I really enjoy doing.

 My beautiful little sister.

 Little brother contemplating life(?) while waiting to shoot his brand new rifle. 

 Carson taking command of the shotgun.

 I tried out my uncle's new glock...but I'm not as good with it as I am with a shotgun...ha. 

Carson really like shooting the revolver...but its a little too strong for me. 

After shooting it was all about dinner preparations. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the table, but we had an amazing spread. It was a smaller group than we are used to during Thanksgiving, but it was wonderful to be with family. 

Carson and I have so many things to be thankful for. 
Loving families.
Amazing friends.
A cozy apartment.
Educational opportunities. 
The Gospel.
Freedom.
Each other.
Just to name a few. 

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, spending time with family, and doing a little Christmas shopping. I loved being in Las Vegas to relax and celebrate with my family. It made for another great Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment