Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

Carson and I spent a few days after Christmas with my family in Brian Head. If you have never heard of it, it is a smallish ski/snowboard resort just outside of Cedar City. We spent four days in a condo right next to two lifts. We boarded, relaxed, and celebrated the new year. 

There hasn't been much snow this year so not all of the runs were open and the runs that were open were kind of icy, but it was still really fun.

 Carson on the lift with his new favorite lift snack - trail mix. 

 Carson had the bright idea of strapping in before we took this picture and because it was so icy I couldn't stand up without going down the mountain. Result - an awkward picture because Carson is holding me up. We match though!

 Legit. Ha. 

 Little bro.

 Little sis.

Us.

Carson is a way better snowboarder than I am so he had a lot of fun riding with my dad and brother who are both pretty good skiers. Carson really liked to challenge my brother to a race whenever he could.

Carson gave my brother a head start but still caught up with him right at the end. I'm sorry for the poor quality of the video, but I was on a snowboarding riding down the mountain and filming at the same time. 

On New Year's Eve we celebrated with some friends at a nice steak dinner and then played games until everyone got really tired. Unfortunately, it was only 10ish (that is what you get for snowboarding all day for three days straight). We all sat there visiting/watching TV/falling asleep until someone randomly opened the New Year's noise makers and popped a popper at 10:45. So...we all joined in. A few mini explosions and a lot of noise later, our New Year's celebration was complete. So, we went to bed. At 11. Lovely.

Overall, it was a great way to spend the rest of our Christmas break. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment